Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Time to Get Organized!

I absolutely adore this time of year, all of the planning and preparing in anticipation of a new school year makes me giddy. My kiddos think I'm nuts, but I just love it. Almost everything is already done with the Calvert curriculum, but there are a few things that I will be adding to round out our experience. Today I will tell you about just one of our additions.

One of the reasons I love homeschooling is because it provides me an opportunity to teach my children the gospel in more depth than I am often otherwise able to. I have found that if I plan out and prepare each child's gospel study course first, everything else seems to fall into place. I want the kiddos to know that the gospel comes first, no matter what. That's why I plan it first, we study it first in our day etc. Hopefully somewhere along the way the message will stick.

John, who will be a new deacon in a few weeks, will be using the new Book of Mormon seminary home study course. I picked up the new Seminary Teacher manual and am excited to work through it with him. Some of you may be thinking that I am jumping the gun on this, but I have come to the conclusion that this gospel is a gospel of repetition and what he picks up this time around will be far different from what he will experience when he starts seminary in a few years.

I just finished putting together a Book of Mormon curriculum for Madison. It is a combination of the Primary Book of Mormon manual, scripture journaling and some fun correlating activities from Sunday Savers. I am pretty excited about this one as I am hoping Madi will run with it.

The babies will be continuing their nursery lessons and Book of Mormon stories as we head into the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment